At the end of the work day, most of us wonder how to stop mental energy wasting, because we know how exhausted we can feel.
When we suffer from mental energy wasting we perceive that we don't have clarity to think in the best way, that we are wrong in some decisions or what we easily forget things.
The worst thing about experiencing this state is that it also comes accompanied by irritability, stress, sadness, anxiety or excessive worry because we feel that we are not doing our best.
What is the wear of mental energy?
Research that has addressed this issue has indicated that those who suffer from mental energy attrition tend to have poor performance.
Now, this issue is relevant for many, not only because of the costs that the health system brings, but also because of the low labor productivity that is triggered.
This wear can also be followed by symptoms such as clumsiness in movements or headaches. Of course, everyone experiences it in a way, depending on their organism and their circumstances.
Feel emotional, mental or physical wear, It is common today, since we are subjected to multiple stimuli in everyday life, as well as we are required to respond to different tasks.
These facts They have only managed not to enjoy the here and now and that, instead of living the present, our thoughts slip away calculating the next thing to solve.
The endless circle of solving a thousand tasks only leads us to undergo a tension that is not only unnecessary, but harmful to our health. At the end, We are never immersed in what is happening in the instant.
Symptoms of mental energy wasting
Studies on the subject have indicated that some of the most common symptoms of this type of wear are the following:
- Tense muscles
- Difficulty breathing.
- Neck tightness.
- Heaviness (continuous yawning).
- Rigid joints.
- Lack of interest.
- Low self-esteem.
- Difficulty for concentration, among others.
These symptoms can significantly affect the quality of life of the sufferer, can even trigger episodes of major depression.
In order to avoid this type of situation, the most convenient thing is to become aware of it, stop over-demanding and start working for our well-being.
How to stop mental energy wasting
Each of us must develop the capacity to strengthen our resistance, emphasizing our habits and trying to ensure that they are healthy.
Some good habits that we can develop to avoid this type of fatigue are the following:
- Feed us well: It will help us prevent this wear. Well, when the diet lacks the necessary nutrients it is easier to feel fatigue, either physical or mental.
- A good resting pattern: in order to replenish our energy and allow our body to recover from the hustle and bustle of the day. We must try to sleep at least eight hours straight to have more lucidity during the day.
- Walk a little: and frequently, especially for those who develop activities that force them to maintain a sedentary lifestyle. A little moderate exercise helps us release tension.
- Apply relaxation techniques: Well, the findings show that these are effective to feel improvement effectively.
- Take vitamins: recommended by specialists, or natural supplements, such as ginkgo biloba.
- Replace coffee: for green tea, for example.
- Take a short nap: when we need to replenish some energy to give continuity to a task that we have not finished yet.
- To meditate: This ancestral practice allows us to face every day with less tensions and more calm.
- Hydrate us: It is also necessary for our concentration to be good.
- Get away from the screens: a couple of minutes during the day, and if we go to sleep then it is advisable to turn off the devices around us and avoid being distracted by them, or that they interrupt our sleep with notifications.
Following these recommendations we can experience that our level of attention and lucidity is higher.
However, in some cases, it may be necessary to take a couple of days for vacations and disconnect our mind from all possible stress.
It is also recommended maintain an optimistic attitude and not focus our thoughts towards the negative -especially when we do not resist the temptation to look to the future-, since this consumes a lot of energy.
If these suggestions are not enough to recover, then it is recommended go to a support search specialist.