The psychology of color or Chromotherapy We can understand it as the technique or tool in a natural way to alleviate certain diseases through the use of colors. It offers us the knowledge of the meaning of colors and how they influence our emotions.
Chromotherapy is one that was already used in ancient Greece and is a common part of cultures as interesting as China and India. It has been known for a long time that color plays an important role in creating a certain mood or emotion in people.
Colors are wavelengths of electromagnetic energy that we see through our eyes The color we see is the part of the visible spectrum that is reflected by a certain object.
We know that when all colors come together the result is white light. Therefore the work with the white light causes integrity, unity, the union of all complementary parts.
How colors influence us
- The color is one of the languages of the soul, just look at the paintings of inspiration or meditation.
- They influence our mood and emotions.
- They have their impact on our sense of well-being.
- The use and avoidance of certain colors is a form of self-expression; sheds light on our personality.
- Colors affect our perception mode (light colors make a space appear larger, a high ceiling looks less tall when painted in a dark color, etc.)
- Colors have a symbolic meaning that is immediately recognized by our subconscious. It has to be said that not all colors mean the same to all people and all cultures.
- They influence the flow and amount of energy in our body.
- The colors say something about biological attraction and sexual availability.
Before examining color and its healing implications, we must face a very important concept: that of cause and effect. True healing occurs when the cause of the condition or disease is addressed and transformed. If the cure does not go beyond mere relief or masking of the symptoms, and then, over time, which caused the need for healing, first of all, it will resurface and manifest itself within the body in one way or another.
Meaning of the colors
A preference for certain colors can point to two things:
- Self-expression: when choosing colors that fit our personality; For example green for a lover of harmony and nature.
- Complementation: choosing the colors that an individual needs more, for example, an active passionate person chooses blue colors to cool their nature.
An aversion to certain colors also provides us with information. Possible explanations are given in the table.
- Properties: reminds us of heat, energy and stimulation, therefore good for energy, fatigue, colds, cold and passive people. Red energizes heart and circulation, blood accumulates and lowers blood pressure. It gives energy to all the organs and senses of hearing, smell, taste, sight and touch. Increase desire and sexual activity. Stimulates ovulation and menstruation.
- Preference for red: Red is associated with passionate love, sex, great energy, momentum, action and stimulation, assertiveness and aggression, courage, strength and power, adventures, dangers, warnings, revolt and revolution. Temperamental and ambitious people with a need for personal freedom are inclined to this color.
- The aversion to red: A person who has an aversion to red may be too active, too impulsive, irascible, aggressive and self-centered, or have difficulties with people with such characteristics. It can also symbolize deeply hidden fears and rejection of your own assertiveness.
- Properties: The orange is warm, cheering and not restrictive. Orange induces us to the action of liberation on the body and mind, the relief of repression. Orange shows new possibilities and other options in life. Stimulates creative thinking and enthusiasm, and helps assimilate new ideas. It is also useful in the treatment of excess sexual expression. Orange stimulates the lungs, breathing and digestion. Increase thyroid activity. Reliefs cramps and muscle spasms. Increase the amount of breast milk.
- The preference for orange: Orange represents the heat of fire. It brings more energy than yellow, symbolizes celebration and great abundance, comfort, enjoyment of the senses. Warm, cheerful, dynamic and independent people who are dedicated to what they do prefer this color.
- Orange aversion: A person who has an aversion to orange may have suppression of sexual sensations or other difficulties with the sensual enjoyment of life. The attitude can also be over-sensual, forgiving, or too materialistic.
- Properties: yellow helps strengthen the nerves and mind. It helps to awaken mental inspiration and stimulates greater mentality. Therefore, it is an excellent color for nervous or nerve related conditions or diseases. It also gives energy to the muscles. Dark yellow relieves nerve pain (stabbing pain). Yellow can be used for the conditions of the stomach, liver and intestines. It increases the speed of digestion and assimilation, and feces. It helps the pores of skin tissue and helps in healing scars themselves.
- Preference for yellow: The color of the sun, the vital force, the vitality and the energy. The color of joy, curiosity, alternation, flexibility, progress, fun, contact through travel and communication, learning and practical knowledge. A feeling of writing and speaking.
- The aversion to yellow: A person who dislikes yellow may be emotionally disappointed and bitter. They also have a tendency to rationalize feelings, to avoid the depth of life by often changing relationships, many superficial relationships and / or constantly changing activities.
- Properties: Green is the color of nature and earth. It is balance and harmony in essence and has a calming influence on the mind and body. Green can be used for almost any condition that needs healing. Promotes the cure hormonal imbalances. Stimulates growth hormone and rejuvenation. Cleans and purifies germs, bacteria and decomposing matter. Harmonize digestion, stomach, liver, gallbladder. It has a healing effect on the kidneys. Increase immunity. Accumulate muscles, bones and tissues. Stimulates inner peace. Strengthens the nervous system.
- Green Preference: Green brings peace, rest, hope, comfort and care, tranquility and harmony. People who prefer this color show interest in nature, plants, peers, children and animals, health and healing, natural and normal life. The longing for a safe home and family life.
- The aversion to green: A person who has an aversion to green may be more interested in independence and self-development than in a warm family life. They may prefer to maintain a certain distance in (sexual) relationships.
- Properties: Blue is cooling, electric, astringent. Dr. Edwin Babbitt, in his classic, "The principles of light and color," states that "the blue ray is one of the greatest antiseptics in the world." Cool inflammations (do not forget rheumatic inflammations), fever, high blood pressure, stop bleeding, reliefs of the Headaches of rupture, calms strong emotions such as anger, aggression or hysteria. It brings tranquility. Anti-itching Anti-irritation (for example, redness of the skin), anti-stress. Relieve suffering. Blue can be used for any type of ailments associated with speech, communication, or throat. Excellent for inflammation of the larynx.
- Preference for blue: It is a fresh and soft color, dreamy and magical. It symbolizes peace and rest. It is preferred by people who maintain a certain distance, but give calm and practical help; They are faithful and loyal, have a sense of order, logic and rational thinking. It also symbolizes blowing the imagination, ideals or nostalgia. Dark blue is more serious and can be melancholic. Blue is also the color of truth.
- The aversion to blue: A person who has an aversion to blue can be very disciplined, extremely hardworking and efficient. You may have drawn a clear direction for your life and do not want to deviate from it.
- Properties: Indigo is a great blood purifier and also benefits mental problems. It is a releasing and purifying agent. The indigo combines the deep blue of devotion with a trace of stabilization and objectivity. Indigo is fresh, electric, and astringent. Indigo the perception. Both physically and spiritually it can be of great help in the treatment of diseases of the eyes and ears.
VIOLET AND PURPLE
- Properties: These are the colors of the transformation. They help cure melancholy, hysteria, delusions and alcohol addiction and provide spiritual and renewal visions. These colors slow down a more active heart; stimulate the spleen and white blood cells (immunity). They favor sleep. Calm mental and emotional stress. They reduce sexual activity. Decrease pain sensitivity. They also help in detoxification. Leonardo da Vinci proclaimed that he can increase the power of meditation tenfold, by meditating under the soft rays of violet, like the one found in the windows of a Church.
- The preference for violet / purple: They are the colors for meditation, contemplation, mysticism, spirituality and religion power. People who prefer them show a yearning to ascend and dissolve polarities (purple consists of active red and passive blue), to improve the world. It symbolizes reserve, mystery and dignity. It is typical of soft and sensitive people, maybe even with paranormal abilities.
- Aversion to violet / purple: A person who has a dislike of violet / purple can have a very serious attitude towards life; and may have difficulty letting his dreams or fantasies fly. He may have a tendency to reject everything he considers unnatural or unrealistic.
- Properties: White is the perfect color; because it is all colors, in perfect balance and harmony. White light elevates the vibration of one's own conscience and body, bringing harmony in all aspects of one's life. Directing the target to a part of the body that needs healing is one of the fastest ways to achieve healing.
- The preference for whites: White is the color of innocence, purity, virginity, cleanliness, freshness, simplicity, nothingness, unity and completion, the truth. In certain cultures, white is the color of death and grief.
- White aversion: A person who has an aversion to white is only interested in 'realistic' and tangible things, not focusing on illusions or things that are beyond seeing or understanding. Know and accept the imperfection itself and do not want to achieve perfection.
- Properties: Strengthens contact with your life purpose. Stimulates the activity of the heart and the adrenalin.
- The preference for magenta: They are people that much of the energy and activity focuses on achieving power and self-realization. With strong passions and emotions, but controlled. Bold, willing to fight, willing to give everything for a dream. You can take things too far and have fixed ideas.
- Magenta aversion: A person who has an aversion to magenta may feel overwhelmed by people with strong convictions or strong emotions such as jealousy; They may also have difficulties with the exposure of deep emotions.
- Properties: Heals the pain and sadness. Restore youth. It favors the contact with your feelings.
- The preference for pink: It is considered as a feminine color. The pink color symbolizes softness, sweetness, innocence, youth and tenderness. It is typical of soft and kind people.
- Aversion to the rose: A person who has an aversion to pink may have a challenge with the expression of his most tender or delicate part, of his feminine side.
- Properties: Increases intuition and sensitivity. It works disinfectant and antiseptic. Tones the general system. Rebuild the skin. Relax feelings of stress.
- The preference for turquoise: Like the wide sea, people who prefer turquoise do not want to directly teach what they have inside; Your emotions may remain hidden. It is a color for renewal, innovation and inventions, progressive techniques and alternative forms of coexistence.
- The dislike of turquoise: A person who has an aversion to turquoise may be looking for solidity and security in society, especially in marriage. Also, they may be reluctant to think at first to look for new paths.
- Properties: Symbolizes land, conservation, protection of home, family and pets, finding lost objects, building materials (buildings, etc.), increasing material, to build strong relationships, to increase firmness and concentration, attraction of help in the financial crisis.
- Brown preference: A color of the earth is attributed to practical people, with a preference for the natural, tribal and primitive, solidity and simplicity. Brown can be warm and cozy, but also depressing. People who prefer this color are inclined towards family life, they are stable people, loyal friends.
- Brown aversion: A person who has an aversion to brown may feel an aversion to normal, boring and trivial life; they may not feel connected to their roots (homeland, family, etc.); They may experience instability in health and attitude.
- Properties: helps neutralize negative influences, erasing or canceling situations that cause stagnation.
- Preference for gray: The person who prefers gray is very neutral and indifferent, not very expressive. You may feel apathetic and reserved, but willing to expose yourself or have obligations. Gray can be refined and discreet.
- The aversion to gray: A person who has an aversion to gray may prefer to go straight to the point, there is no time for political and tactical attitudes. It demands clarity, and knowing where one stands.
- Properties: Symbolizes the deities of the underworld. It attracts pessimism and negativity, but it also helps to get rid of bad habits and addictions, favors deep meditation, opens unconscious levels of depth.
- Preference for black: Symbolizes seriousness, darkness, depression, death, mourning, mystery, secrecy, occultism. Black is a color for extremes, everything and nothing. People who trust themselves for everything.
- Aversion to black: A person who dislikes black may be afraid of the unknown and the abuse of power. There are desires to be free from all kinds of dependence, and obstacles, to get rid of the shackles.
You may also like: What does Namaste mean?